Attorneys will need the following hardware and software to electronically file, view, and retrieve documents in the electronic filing system:
- A personal computer running a standard platform such as Windows or Macintosh.
- An Internet provider using Point to Point Protocol (PPP).
- Internet Explorer version 5.5 or higher.
- Adobe Acrobat PDF Writer software to convert documents from a word processor format to portable document format (PDF). Acrobat Writer Versions 4.0 and 5.0 adequately meet the CM/ECF filing requirements. Some newer version of WordPerfect and Word have PDF software exchanges built into their programs, however the Adobe software creates the cleanest conversions with the smallest file size.
- A PDF compatible word processor like Macintosh or Windows based versions of WordPerfect and Word.
- A scanner to transmit documents that are not in your word processing system.
- If you use a modem to connect to your Internet service provider, we recommend one with a speed of at least 56k. We would further like to recommend the use of a DSL or cable modem line in lieu of a standard telephone line.